Our Concealed Carry course is for the student who wishes to learn critical concepts to concealed carry of a firearm. The following topics are discussed:
- Personal and home protection plans
- Conflict avoidance and why it’s so important .
- Situational awareness.
- Concealed carry permits and Texas Constitutional Carry
- Universal gun safety rules
- Proper shooting platform, grip, muzzle alignment
- Sight alignment, sight picture, and trigger control
- Clearing a handgun
- Understanding revolvers and semi-automatics
- Ammunition – care, storage, calibers, types of malfunctions
- Defensive Shooting Fundamentals
- The Legal Use of Force – protection of home and property
- Violent Encounters and Their Aftermath
- Gear and Gadgets – holsters, lights, safes
This course includes a live-fire portion at an indoor gun range.
THIS CLASS DOES NOT SATISFY STATE REQUIREMENTS FOR A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT